American University's Strategic Communication master's program, the only ACEJMC-accredited one of its kind in DC, shapes tomorrow's communication leaders. Leverage the expertise of the School of Communication to accelerate your career in the media capital of the world. Degrees in Strategic Communication and Political Communication empower graduates with the skills necessary to engage audiences and build persuasive campaigns. Courses balance academic inquiry with hands-on experience as students master innovative techniques, tackle real-world issues, and learn to navigate the changing world of new media.
The Master's in Strategic Communication gives you the tools to craft effective and integrated communication strategies. Four distinct concentrations allow students to focus their time and talents on work that inspires them. Program graduates are problem solvers - equipped to answer diverse communication challenges and craft powerful messages through traditional and digital mediums.
- Degree concentrations include: Advocacy & Social Impact, Digital Strategies & Analytics, Corporate Communication & Reputation Management, and Public Diplomacy & Global Affairs
- Courses explore media relations, strategic message development, and advocacy for commercial and nonprofit organizations
- Flexible scheduling and online opportunities available
The Master's in Political Communication emphasizes the planning and implementation of media strategies in political contexts. Combing the expertise of the School of Communication (SOC) and School of Public Affairs (SPA), this interdisciplinary degree allows students to delve into political communication theory, research, and practice so they can make their mark on the world as communication directors, media strategists, politicians, policy makers, and campaign executives.
- Courses explore speechwriting, social media strategy and tactics, political advertising, women and politics
- Concentrated workshops available through the institutes for Campaign Management, and Public Affairs & Advocacy
- Select courses available online
4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington
Washington, District of Columbia 20016
United States of America